I suggest you ...

Add ability to customize the taxonomy/which subjects appear

It would be nice to suppress subject areas that appear in BrowZine which are not relevant to a particular library. For example, for hospital libraries to suppress the Arts & Humanities subject area.

14 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Clark commented  · 

What would really be helpful would be fuller customization; ability to move terms between levels, etc. For my example below, we obviously wouldn't want to suppress to top level under which Library and Information Science falls. What we would like to do is move Library and Information Science TO the top level.

• Adele commented  · 

We would love to be able to customize the BrowZine subject headings.

• Andrew Clark commented  · 

This would be extremely valuable to us, as we have several professional graduate programs, one being a library and information science school (it's very difficult to guess what subject library science falls under!). And I would guess that the grad students would be the most heavy users of the product.

• Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey commented  · 

It would be very helpful for our graduate school. Most of our holdings appear "below the fold" under "Sociobehavioral Sciences." The ability to customize the subjects which appear would allow our students and faculty to find what they need more quickly and intuitively.

Feedback and Knowledge Base