I suggest you ...

Add email notifications when a new issue is released for a journal on your bookshelf

Add email notifications when a new issue is released for a journal on your bookshelf. I Currently have to go in and check, so it would be nice if I could be prompted.
thanks,
Jeremy

56 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremy Cullis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mary Jo commented  · 

I concur with Peggy, we too have had users reluctant to use Browzine because it did not have email notification. Adding email notification of our TOC's for our users would be fantastic! Cannot wait, hope this happens sooner than later!

• Sebastian Nix commented  · 

The e-mail with information about a new journal issue would then be sent automatically to my registered e-mail-address. It would be even more comfortable to select all journals on my shelf or just some titles in order to subscribe to this alerting service via e-mail.

• Peggy Smith commented  · 

I've had both students and faculty reluctant to use Browzine because it does not have a "table of contents" or just "new content" alert. The addition of this feature would be very valuable.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was told by our library that Browzine replaced my old email alert notifications which use to give us the table of contents of a new issue of a journal we were following. I am very disappointed that it does not do this and I also would like this to be sorted as soon as possible please.

• Rob commented  · 

I strongly support the idea of email notifications. Otherwise you have to remember to go back in all the time which is not ideal. Possibly a bridge to far but even better for subscribing libraries would be the option to have some custom content at the top of each email that goes out,

Thanks, Rob

• Marie Seymour-Green commented  · 

Yes. This suggestion expands upon my "create a new issue alert" suggestion.

• Sunita commented  · 

Please add an option as soon as possible to have current issue table of contents' alerts emailed for journals selected by the patron when a new issue comes out.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Add a feature in Browzine so that for individual journals one may choose to have email notifications of new issues with the Table of Contents for the new issue in the email.

• Anne Stevenson commented  · 

For BrowZine.com presumably (as the app has a visible badge)? I also like a version of this idea, but have no votes/idea posting options left ;-) my idea was slightly different, to have a bookmarklet or other device visible in the browser's toolbar (Bookmark toolbar in Firefox), so a user would know when they opened the browser that new issues of their favourite journals are available. I suspect that most users would open their browser of choice on most days, but may not yet be in the habit of opening BrowZine that often.

• colsen commented  · 

Add ability to have table of contents emailed when new issue comes out.

• Guus Gmail commented  · 

Extra argument to update: i want my votes back for to completed features! To vote on other useful ideas!

• Guus Gmail commented  · 

This has become available! I hope Third Iron staff can keep this forum and issues up to date! I understand they have a fast growing community and the the business if growing fast, but please don;t forget to keep us in the loop!

• Presently... nothing! This button has appeared in preparation for push notifications. You will have the option of clearing notifications that have appeared on a title-by-title level or, if go off on holiday for a month and come back to hundreds of notifications, this button can clear ALL notifications for ALL titles which should prove to be quite useful!

• Karen Keiller commented  · 

Thanks! Then what does clear all notifications do in settings?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be a nice enhancement if BrowZine could notify a user when new issues for selected journals were available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base