I suggest you ...

Start with unread

I noticed if I click on a journal with unread articles, I start in the latest table of content, which is often not where unread articles are. These are often in "Articles in Press" and I suggest to be brought to that section.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas GutjahrThomas Gutjahr shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lisa.rose-wileslisa.rose-wiles commented  · 

I assume this would only be for folks who sign in to their account?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I support this comment. Many researchers wish to view and get full-text for "Articles in Print".

• Thank you for the suggestion! This might be a user-selectable feature we could consider in the future, so I want to keep this suggestion under consideration, but as a default we will stay with the "current issue". The reason for this is rooted in the way that publishers display their journals which - with rare exception - usually defaults to the current issue with a separate option to see "articles in press" or whatever the publisher-specific term for those types of articles may be. Depending on a user's workflow a "full issue" to look at is often preferred over the "latest and greatest" while other users of course are after exactly that - the LATEST papers! But because publishers prefer the current full issue as the "current" one, we will by default continue to link to the same for now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base