I suggest you ...

Add built-in function to close/exit BrowZine on smartphone

There isn't currently a built-in function to close/exit the BrowZine app on a smartphone. As a work around, I had to restart my device. It is easy to see how such a feature would be very useful.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Egon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

BrowZine is designed to be available for the user whenever they need it, so there is not a function to “close/exit” the app on mobile devices. If this is something you do want to do on a regular basis however, I would encourage you to look at our instructions for cold starting the app which should achieve much the same effect without needing to restart your device:

iOS:
    http://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/135311-performing-a-cold-start-of-browzine-on-ipad

Android/Kindle Fire:
    http://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/236465-performing-a-cold-start-of-browzine-on-android

Thanks!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Egon commented  · 

Dear John,

Thank you, I appreciate the fact that you have looked into the matter. Please let me restate, however, that once I've opened the BrowZine app on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note NEO 3) I cannot find a way to reach the home screen again. Swiping or pressing the 'back' button (back circling arrow on my device) will not work. Therefore, the whole device is suddenly rendered useless to me. It's really as simple as that. Of course I can perform a cold start as you suggest, but neither restarting the device, nor performing a cold start is something I should be required to do. None of the other apps on the device (LinkedIn, Evernote, Dropbox....) has ever required me to do so and, therefore, in my opinion neither should BrowZine.

Kind regards,
        Egon

Feedback and Knowledge Base