I suggest you ...

Add ability to search within the journal. Many times I would be difficult to find the article using the volume only.

129 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This feature is definitely needed for academic research

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be great to use a search engine to look through the entirety of a journals back catalogue using boolean operators and advanced search options. It feels like a necessary feature for academic research. Brilliant to have to direct access to specific journals through this portal, but really need to be able target certain keywords to make it useful.

• lisa.crenshaw commented  · 

Please add a way to add key word search, i.e., atrial fibrillation, anticoagulants, SGLT-2, etc.

• Krista Koch commented  · 

I recently sent an inquiry about a search tool for a specific topic/article amongst the journals and was asked to vote on this page. I'm glad there is a discussion about this topic. Having the ability to search for a specific topic within a journal would definitely be beneficial and way more time efficient. Although I also believe it would be best to have the ability to search for a topic/subject/article and find all relatable articles within all the different journals. Focusing on one journal may limit the results and searching one at a time within the different journals for comparisons is not time efficient. There are wonderful journals and articles, but better access to retrieving the information you need is necessary.

• Beth Bloom commented  · 

very difficult to search without keyword access

• Thomas Gutjahr commented  · 

When introducing Browzine, many users ask me how they can search. So searching within Browzine is one of the most-missed features: search within a journals's TOC, search within my saved articles, search for keywords, search for authors, etc. etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This seems like an essential to me, I'd love to use this for saving all relevant articles to my PhD and using this to organise them so nicely

• ThomasG commented  · 

Completely agree and would like to add that in addition to search within a journal, other sub-searches would be useful: search within a date range (... I remember there was an article on a clinical trial on asthma last year - but don't remember the author nor journal...).

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with this as well. When a journal has 40 issues I don't have time to look for a praticular topic journal by journal. Even though I have moved journals into my library shelf on Browzine I don't use them. I just go to my University Library and search there.

• Grace Baysinger commented  · 

I think that having this feature would be very helpful too!

• Ranti Junus commented  · 

A couple of our testers remarked the same thing re. search within the journal.

Feedback and Knowledge Base