I suggest you ...

Add ability to search within the journal. Many times I would be difficult to find the article using the volume only.

169 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carrie Jordan commented  · 

Looks like it's been six years since this idea was first proposed here, but I'm in favor of it, too. Many times I've thought that a certain journal available through BrowZine would have a useful article, but I have to use a separate database to find it. Would love to be able to do it within the BrowZine UI.

• Holly Stevens commented  · 

I'm with the others. It seems it would remove an extra step to be able to search for a topic or "phrase" within the content of the journals. Browzine is a great platform but seems to be missing a crucial component for really efficient searches

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, we'd like this too.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, this would be really helpful.

• Stephen Francoeur commented  · 

I just finished reviewing all the feature requests (100 as of today) and think this is the most essential and critical thing that Browzine is missing and the one thing that makes me reluctant to make this tool more central on our library website. I've long been envious of the integration that customers of the Summon service have that let them use the Summon API to embed a search box in the Serials Solutions e-journal portal.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/360_Services/E-Journal_Portal/0Product_Documentation/Administration/E-Journal_Portal_2.0_Tab_in_the_Admin_Console/360_Core%3A_E-Journal_Portal_Administration_Console_--_2.0_Results_Page_Options

For an example of this, see this example of a search for "journal of social psychology" in the University of Richmond's Boatman Library e-journal search tool:

https://we4mf3mv5e.search.serialssolutions.com/ejp/?libHash=WE4MF3MV5E#/search/?searchControl=title&searchType=alternate_title_begins&criteria=journal%20of%20social%20psychology&language=en-US&titleType=JOURNALS

We'd like to be able to draw on the Primo API to embed a search box in the Browzine interface (specifically, in the landing page of any given journal).

• Raul commented  · 

Searching for a specific terms within a journal is a really important feature.
        It would be great to see it in the next udpdate of the app!
        Thanks!

• Abraham Arias commented  · 

The president took nearly 3 years to respond to this idea. Not only that, such a seemingly basic feature has not been implemented since this request 5 years ago. Wow.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This feature is definitely needed for academic research

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be great to use a search engine to look through the entirety of a journals back catalogue using boolean operators and advanced search options. It feels like a necessary feature for academic research. Brilliant to have to direct access to specific journals through this portal, but really need to be able target certain keywords to make it useful.

• lisa.crenshaw commented  · 

Please add a way to add key word search, i.e., atrial fibrillation, anticoagulants, SGLT-2, etc.

• Krista Koch commented  · 

I recently sent an inquiry about a search tool for a specific topic/article amongst the journals and was asked to vote on this page. I'm glad there is a discussion about this topic. Having the ability to search for a specific topic within a journal would definitely be beneficial and way more time efficient. Although I also believe it would be best to have the ability to search for a topic/subject/article and find all relatable articles within all the different journals. Focusing on one journal may limit the results and searching one at a time within the different journals for comparisons is not time efficient. There are wonderful journals and articles, but better access to retrieving the information you need is necessary.

• Beth Bloom commented  · 

very difficult to search without keyword access

• Thomas Gutjahr commented  · 

When introducing Browzine, many users ask me how they can search. So searching within Browzine is one of the most-missed features: search within a journals's TOC, search within my saved articles, search for keywords, search for authors, etc. etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This seems like an essential to me, I'd love to use this for saving all relevant articles to my PhD and using this to organise them so nicely

• ThomasG commented  · 

Completely agree and would like to add that in addition to search within a journal, other sub-searches would be useful: search within a date range (... I remember there was an article on a clinical trial on asthma last year - but don't remember the author nor journal...).

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with this as well. When a journal has 40 issues I don't have time to look for a praticular topic journal by journal. Even though I have moved journals into my library shelf on Browzine I don't use them. I just go to my University Library and search there.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base