I suggest you ...

Provide support for adding non-library subscribed titles to My Bookshelf

A researcher may have individual subscriptions available to them and/or they are interested only in receiving TOC alerts for a title the library as a whole may not subscribe to. Provide a way to put these titles as well on My Bookshelf for easy access to these titles as well.

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • @ Anonymous - Thanks for this suggestion. Enabling a link to the publisher site vs ILL might be an interesting option here to accommodate all use cases. Thanks!

@ ThomasG - This would only include journals that we can provide full metadata support. Additional content types would be out of scope for this enhancement.

@ Jill - This is in process but contains a number of different prerequisites so we cannot provide an estimate at this time. Stay tuned!

• Waters Jill (NSFT) commented  · 

Do you have any news on the progress of this feature? It is one that I think would be very useful to our users. Along with them being able to see content beyond the end date of any subscribed journals.

• ThomasG commented  · 

Would that include Newsletters, such as Pinksheet, FirstWord, ScripIntelligence, PharmaLetter, ... Browzine is currently focused on Journals, but there is a lot more content out there which potentially could be integrated (e.g. via RSS etc)

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be useful if you could access the publisher's website or a third party website. For example, to access my personal account of the Entomological Society of Am., I first need to login to their page, where they store a cookie that lets me access the journals website

Feedback and Knowledge Base