- We need your Athens Redirector URL for setup or to request a trial. You can find information about finding that URL with this support article here.
- We also require that you provide your ProQuest Customer ID at the time of setting up your trial/subscription. You'll find a space for that information in the setup form. If you don't utilize any ProQuest resources you do not need to complete this item. If you need help finding your ProQuest ID your sales rep or ProQuest Support can assist further.
- We do *NOT* require that you create a BrowZine resource inside of OpenAthens to access it. BrowZine itself does not require authentication so only need to link to it using the BrowZine library-specific link provided to by our support team. No setup inside of OpenAthens is required! However, some libraries like to provide a link inside of the MyAthens portal to BrowZine. You can do this by creating a custom resource and utilizing the BrowZine library-specific link. This link requires no authentication.
- You can also create a search widget into BrowZine using our external search API. We have provided specific instructions for OpenAthens users here for your convenience.
The error message saying "you do not have access" is likely because the proxied resource is not in the appropriate permission set and this is required to use this resource with BrowZine and LibKey. The steps needed for an OpenAthens administrator to set this up are:
- Log in to the OpenAthens admin area
- Click on the 'Resources' button
- Go to the 'All' tab
- Search for the resource
- Click 'Allocate' to add the resource to your chosen permission set(s) OR click on the drop-down button and click 'Cascade' to add the resource to the default permission set beneath each sub-organization
If you have any problems or questions about this process, please contact the OpenAthens Service Desk by email: email@example.com .
Any other questions about using BrowZine with OpenAthens? Feel free to contact support at any time!