The Publishing Profile method of updating holdings in Third Iron services including BrowZine and LibKey offers fully automated synchronization of holdings data. This is the preferred method to deliver holdings data to us.These instructions assume basic knowledge of Alma administration, such as logging in, setting content sets, and navigating the menus, and are provided as guidance. If any of the instructions are unclear, feel free to contact us for help in setting up your publishing profile. We are happy to assist!Please also ensure you have configured your OAI integration profile in ALMA before attempting to setup a publishing profile.
PUBLISHING PARAMETERS- Publishing Parameters: This should be set to ACTIVE.- Scheduling: Set to one of the Saturday morning options (such as "Every Saturday at 7 AM")- Publishing Mode: Incremental (Optional: only set if this feature is available in your instance)
"Electronic Titles where (Material Type equals "Journal")"
PUBLISHING PROTOCOLOAI: Check box (if not already checked)Set Spec: BrowZineSet Name: BrowZine
Click *SAVE* at the top of the screen to save the changes you made.
4) Open ALMA Configuration to setup/locate OAI information.
5) Select General -> External Systems -> Integration Profiles
6) Choose "OAI_DEFINITION" and select the [...] button to EDIT.
- Make repository ACTIVE if not already so.
Make a note of the repository Base URL provided on this screen. In my example above it is this:
You will need this value to complete the form in step #8 below.
7) Click the “Allowed IPs” Link. You'll need to authorize the Third Iron holdings server IP. If you need the IP, please contact email@example.com.
For IP version, select IPv4. In the description field, enter "Third Iron IP."
8) Optional: Run the publishing profile manually now. If you do not complete this step, we will not be able to test and finish the setup until the beginning of next week, as the publishing profile will not automatically run until Saturday as scheduled. The instructions run the publishing profile manually may be found here:
9) REQUIRED - IMPORTANT: Fill out the form available here: https://thirdiron.com/alma with the necessary information to register your publishing profile.
This form provides us with the necessary details to connect the publishing profile to your BrowZine account. Once we receive the form, we will complete testing on our end to ensure the profile is setup properly and yielding accurate results. Once testing is complete, we will activate the automated updates and send you a confirmation message. This process can take up to a week (especially in cases where the Set was not manually triggered in step 9 above).
Any questions? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org