The Publishing Profile method of updating holdings in Third Iron services including BrowZine and LibKey offers fully automated synchronization of holdings data and is the preferred method of providing your holdings data to us.These instructions assume some basic knowledge of Alma administration - logging in, setting content sets, navigating the menus and so forth and are therefore meant as guidance. If any of the instructions are unclear feel free to contact us for help in setting this up and we would be happy to assist!
PUBLISHING PARAMETERS- Publishing Parameters: This should be set to ACTIVE.- Scheduling: Set to one of the Saturday morning options (such as "Every Saturday at 7 AM")- Publishing Mode: Incremental (Optional: only set if this feature is available in your instance)
"Electronic Titles where All titles (Material Type equals "Journal")"
PUBLISHING PROTOCOLOAI: Check box (if not already checked)Set Spec: BrowZineSet Name: BrowZine
Click *SAVE* at the top of the screen to save the changes you made.
4) Open ALMA Configuration to setup/locate OAI information.
5) Select General -> External Systems -> Integration Profiles
6) Choose "OAI_DEFINITION" and select the [...] button to EDIT.
- Make repository ACTIVE if not already so.
Make a note of the repository Base URL provided on this screen. In my example above it is this:
You will need this value to complete the form in step #8 below.
7) Click the “Allowed IPs” Link. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the appropriate IP address to add to this section.
8) Optional: Trigger the holdings Set to process manually now. If you do not complete this step, we will not be able to test and finish the setup until the beginning of next week, due to the scheduled job running on Saturdays. The instructions for triggering the process manually may be found here:
9) Fill out the form available here: https://thirdiron.com/alma with the necessary information to register your publishing profile.
10) REQUIRED - IMPORTANT: Fill out the form available here: https://thirdiron.com/alma with the necessary information to register your publishing profile.
This form provides us with the necessary details to connect the publishing profile to your BrowZine account. Once we receive the form, we will complete testing on our end to ensure the profile is setup properly and yielding accurate results. Once testing is complete, we will activate the automated updates and send you a confirmation message. This process can take up to a week (especially in cases where the Set was not manually triggered in step 9 above).
Any questions? Contact us! email@example.com