The Publishing Profile method of updating holdings in Third Iron services including BrowZine and LibKey offers fully automated synchronization of holdings data and is the preferred method of providing your holdings data to us.These instructions assume some basic knowledge of Alma administration - logging in, creating content sets, navigating the menus and so forth and are therefore meant as guidance. If any of the instructions are unclear feel free to contact us for help in setting this up and we would be happy to assist!
PUBLISHING PARAMETERS- Publishing Parameters: This should be set to ACTIVE.- Scheduling: Set to "Every Saturday at 7 AM"- Publishing Mode: Incremental
"Electronic Titles where All titles (Material Type equals "Journal") AND Available for equals "Morris Campus")"
PUBLISHING PROTOCOLOAI: Check box (if not already checked)Set Spec: MorrisCampusSet Name: BrowZine
You will want to create a UNIQUE Set Spec name for each Institution and change the default value (BrowZine) to the unique name. Here I used the example MorrisCampus. Leave Set Name to “BrowZine”.
4) Multicampus Only (Consortia Alma systems do not need this step and can skip to step #5): Click over to the Data Enrichment tab at the top of the screen.
Correct the data normalization rules to REMOVE all non-relevant campus information other than the campus that this profile is being built for. Again, in this example I'll use "Morris" as an example:
Edit the "BROWZINE - EXPORT ONLY" normalization rule and add:
addSubField "ITM.x.Electronic" if (exists "ITM.b.Morris")
changeField "ITM" to "TMP" if (not exists "ITM.i.Print")
removeField "TMP" if (not exists "TMP.x.Electronic")
changeField "TMP" to "ITM"
(Note again, that "Morris" here is an example - please edit as appropriate for your institution).
Click *SAVE* at the top of the screen to save the changes you made.
5) Open Alma Configuration to setup/locate OAI information.
6) Select General -> External Systems -> Integration Profiles
7) Choose "OAI_DEFINITION" and select the [...] button to EDIT.
- Make repository ACTIVE if not already so.
Make a note of the repository Base URL provided on this screen. In my example above it is this:
You will need this value to complete the form in step #8 below.
8) Click the “Allowed IPs” Link. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the appropriate IP address to add to this section.
9) Fill out the form available here: https://thirdiron.com/alma with the necessary information to register your publishing profile.
Any questions? Contact us! email@example.com