Part 1: Configuring Microsoft Edge to Manage LibKey Nomad
Step 1 - Download and Install the Microsoft Edge Policy Templates
1. Download the Latest release MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates.zip
2. Unzip the bundle.
3. Copy the file \MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates\admx\msedge.admx to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\msedge.admx
4. Copy the file \MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates\admx\en-US\msedge.adml to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\msedge.adml
5. Once this is completed, search for Group in your search bar, and click the 'Edit Group Policy - Control Panel' result
6. Click the Administrative Templates folder under the Computer Configuration Header
7. If done properly, there should be one (or more) Microsoft Edge folders present
Step 2: Configuring Microsoft Edge in Group Policy Management Console
1. In the Group Policy Editor we opened in Step 7, click the folder named Microsoft Edge
2. Double Click on the Extensions folder within the Microsoft Edge folder
3. Right click on 'Control Which Extensions Can Be Installed Silently' and choose 'Edit'
Step 3: Enabling Nomad to Automatically Install to Microsoft Edge
1. Click the 'Enabled' radio button
2. Click the 'Show' button within the Options box
3. Add the following Extension ID to install Nomad, and click the OK button on the 'Show Contents' box: aegommgkkknipcpebmcbepdapjdojiji
4. Click the 'Apply' button on the 'Control Which Extensions are Installed Silently' window, followed by the 'OK' button to close the window
Part 2: Setting Up Your LibraryID on the System
Step 4 - Tell Nomad your LibraryID to Allow It to be Automatically Detected
1. Using the Group Policy Management Console (gpmc.msc) or another method, create the following registry key:
The result should resemble the following:
2. Next, create a new ‘String Value’ called ‘libraryId’. This can be done using the following command line:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\3rdparty\extensions\aegommgkkknipcpebmcbepdapjdojiji\policy" /v libraryId /t REG_SZ /d <ENTER YOUR LIBRARY ID> /f
However, you can also elect to do this manually, via the Group Policy Management Console, Regedit, and so on. Whatever you’re most comfortable working with!
**IMPORTANT!!** - Please note that ‘libraryId’ has a capital ‘I’ in ID, and that this is case sensitive!
The result should look like the following:
Please be sure to replace the sample instructions "ENTER YOUR LIBRARY ID (e.g. 1234)" with your actual Third Iron Library ID. Note that this should be a numerical value only. If you are not sure of your Library ID, please contact email@example.com to ask for it.
How to locate your Third Iron Library ID
Via BrowZine: Log in to BrowZine. Your Third Iron ID is the number in your library's BrowZine URL:
Via LibKey.io: Log in to LibKey.io. Your Third Iron ID is the number in your library's LibKey URL:
Congratulations! LibKey Nomad is now managed and configured for Microsoft Edge using Windows Group Policy!
Edge configured with LibKey Nomad using Windows Group Policy Manger: