Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this policy.
Third Iron collects PII from users of its BrowZine platform and LibKey services (“Users”). BrowZine and LibKey services are licensed by organizations such as universities, hospitals, corporations and government research labs so people affiliated with these organizations may use it on the web and mobile devices. The Policy applies to information collected through use of the BrowZine platform and LibKey services, including use through mobile applications, and any other interactions we may have with you (collectively, the “Services”).
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for, download, access, and otherwise use our Services. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with our Services. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. Information we collect includes:
- User Information. When you register for, download, access, and otherwise use our Services, we may collect your contact information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, IP address, login information, and any other information you may provide us when you sign up for the Services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Mobile Device Identifiers: We log mobile device identification to aid in diagnosing problems and providing support to our customers and users.
Using Your Personal Information
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To deliver our services. We use information you provide us when you register for our services to deliver those services.
- To meet legal requirements. We may be required to provide personal information to comply with legally mandated reporting, subpoenas, court orders, or other requirements.
- To market our products and services. We may inform you about our products, services or events and otherwise perform marketing activities. Further, we may use information for analytics purposes.
- Verify Users. We may use personal information to manage and verify your account and the identity of users of the Services.
- Other purposes. We may use personal information for any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Policy.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstance:
- Internally. In order to provide services through our web site or applications that require the input of information, we may need to share your information within Third Iron.
- Business Partners, Distributors and Contractors. We may provide personal information to business partners, distributors, and contractors (including third-party distributors and resellers, vendors, suppliers and other service providers), who may use the information to fulfill product orders, develop and improve products, contact you about product orders or in connection with the performance, operation, and support of the Services or solutions, performing marketing or consulting services, or as otherwise appropriate in connection with a legitimate business need. Further, we may disclose personal information to service providers who host or facilitate the delivery of online training, seminars and webinars; email-delivery services and other technology providers; and third parties that may assist in the delivery of marketing materials, technical support services, or other products, services or other information. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
- Third Party Analytics Providers. We may share personal information with third parties who conduct marketing studies and data analytics, including those that provide tools or code which facilitates our review and management of our cloud-based software, such as Google Analytics or similar software products from other providers. For more information about how Google collects and processes data when you visit websites or use apps that use Google technologies, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Response to Legal Requirements, Subpoenas, or Protection of Our Rights. We may share personal information as and when we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to meet legal requirements, to comply with a subpoena, law-enforcement or government request, to investigate fraud, or to protect our rights.
- To Our Affiliates. We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venture partners, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Policy with regard to their use of your information.
- To Third Parties. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personally identifiable information to others. Because access to BrowZine and LibKey is provided to Users through their affiliation with a subscribing institution, certain usage data gathered may be shared with the institution for the purpose of usage analysis, access and license management, and contract compliance. We may also use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Apps or administer activities on our behalf.
How We Protect Your Information
Third Iron takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored in our Apps. However, like other companies, Third Iron cannot guarantee 100% the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure please notify us by sending an email with the subject line “Security Concern” and a description of the concern to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 855-649-7607.
We use a select number of trusted external service provides for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or storage offerings. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data according to our instructions.
Rights and Choices
Opt-Out. If you have established a BrowZine Account or registered for our email newsletter and do not wish to receive communications from us, you may unsubscribe at any time.
Correction. You have the right to access your personal information and to correct, amend, or delete such personal information if it is inaccurate. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to email@example.com. If you delete any account information, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
“Do Not Track Requests.” Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. Third Iron respects your wishes and will not track user activity once “do not track” signals have been activated.
California Privacy. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Third Iron or its affiliates to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Third Iron, LLC., Attn: Privacy, PO Box 270400, St Paul, MN 55127 USA
European Union Privacy. If our processing of your information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we have additional obligations and you have additional rights under the GDPR. These rights and obligations are as follows:
- When you have given consent.
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- When processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
We may rely on more than one of the lawful bases for processing your information described above. If our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Subject to your right to erase personal data, we will store your information for as long as necessary for us to provide the Services.
You have the right to be informed about your personal data and how it is being processed, to access, correct and erase personal data, to restrict further processing, to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services and to object to processing. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU supervisory authority.
If we transfer your information to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that at least one of the following shall apply: (i) the transfers will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; (ii) we have used specific model contracts approved by the European Commission which are intended to give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; (iii) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US; or (iv) any alternative transfer mechanism that can under GDPR lawfully support the transfer. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Third Iron services are intended for use by users aged 16 and older. In all cases, we do not market to or intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, please do not register for a BrowZine Account or provide us with any personally identifying information. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 16 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files. Please contact email@example.com if you become aware that a child for which you are the parent or guardian has provided us with personal information without your consent.
Links to Other Services and Websites
BrowZine links to full text articles hosted by other sites. When Users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Third Iron site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the third-party website. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy policies of each website that collects personal information.
Changes To Our Policy